As the UK starts getting used to the ‘new normal’, our approved partner The Education Broker have provided some tips on what schools should be looking out for.Cover may differ between providers, so contact yours to check on the level to which your policy protects your school. Some examples of questions that you may wish to ask are:
- Is our school covered if a staff member contracts COVID-19?
- Do we have to provide evidence of a staff member having had COVID-19 and if so, how?
- Are we covered if a staff member is absent due to stress related to the pandemic?
- Are members of staff covered during the 7-14 day self-isolation period?
- What happens if we need to suspend someone during this uncertain time?
- Can we claim for a staff member who qualifies as ‘vulnerable’ and is absent from work for at least 12 weeks?
- Are we covered in the event of having to suspend a staff member because someone in their household is classed as ‘vulnerable’?
- Are we covered for suspending pregnant members of staff for their own wellbeing who cannot yet provide a MATB1 form?
- Does our Staff Absence policy apply if the school is closed, or only if partially open?
As of 1st June 2020, not all insurers have excluded sickness resulting from Covid-19, although some are known to have.
The Education Broker
Phone: 0800 783 3500