COVID-19 SECURE MEASURES
The health and safety of our exhibitors, delegates, speakers, and staff will always be our number one priority. To ensure ISBL comply to COVID-19 secure standards, we will be putting the following measures in place:
Ensure personal safety
- Events will only run if allowed by UK Government and both ISBL and the venue deem it safe to do so
- A full risk assessment will be carried out by ISBL and the hotel prior to the event taking place
- We are working closely with the venue to ensure a safe and controlled environment at the national conference
- All delegates will be required complete a health and safety questionnaire prior to attendance
- Attendance at the conference will only be permitted by those registering beforehand – on the day admittance will not be allowed.
Enable physical distancing
- Introduction of arrow directional signage
- Larger registration and catering areas (where possible) with floor markings and barriers to distance attendees
- Time slots for attendees for queue free entry
- More seating available so delegates can space themselves out in plenaries and workshops
- Classroom seating where possible
- Gala dinners: less guests per table. Hand sanitiser on each table
- Increased distance between stands and aisles.
Increase health and safety measures
- Sanitising stations in multiple locations of the events with increased effort at high volume touchpoints
- Microphones will not be shared: Q&A encouraged to use technology
- Increased frequency of waste disposal in all areas.
Implement crowd control
- Implement attendee flow management
- Limit numbers to accommodate social distancing
- Queue markers on floor
- Longer lunch and coffee breaks (max number allowed at any one time)
- Lessen catering queues by offering a bento style or plated lunch option.
Encourage and enforce measures
- Attendees strongly encouraged to disinfect hands at the registration area before entering the event
- Enable a no-contact policy (avoid shaking hands)
- Public health messaging displayed at the event and shared beforehand to all attendees
- Extra vigilance taken in line with our strict hygiene rules
- Awareness and training on standard personal preventative measures: personal hygiene, frequency of sanitising of products, etc
- Encourage exhibitors to send promotional materials electronically.