Charity silent action
We are proud to announce we are supporting Dementia UK and the Dementia Choir as our chosen charity for the conference silent auction.
The charity's object is for the public benefit, to preserve and protect good health among people with dementia their families and carers particularly, but not exclusively through the provision of a choir.
The purpose of the charity is to:
- Support people affected by dementia and their carers through the provision of a choir that is specifically organised for people living with dementia to join.
- Provide help with the logistics and expenses involved with getting members of the choir to rehearsals and performances.
- Provide a safe and suitable environment for choir members to come together and practise and perform. Members of the choir have direct benefits which flow from this that include a sense of purpose and well-being, an increase in self-esteem and confidence and the great bond of friendship.
- Raise awareness of dementia for the public benefit by setting up the choir to perform at concerts and events nationwide. Support other dementia charities by performing at their events and hence contributing to their fundraising efforts.
- The beneficiaries are the individual members of the choir and their carers and relatives as well as the general public who attend or view the choir’s performances.
Find out more about Our Dementia Choir by visiting the website: https://www.ourdementiachoir.com/about-the-team