Level 5 certificate in Human Resources for School Business Professionals (May 2018)
Level 5 certificate in Human Resources for School Business Professionals
The CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development)has worked in partnership with ISBL to create a qualification especially for school business professionals with responsibility for HR and people development.
The ISBL commissioned this new qualification in recognition that many school business professionals manage diverse and often complex people-related issues. These can include anything from dealing with poor performance to
recruiting, developing and retaining great staff.
Who is this qualification for?
It is ideal for people who are recognised as the HR professional within their school or someone whose responsibilities include managing and advising on people-related matters. This level 5 qualification will enable you to develop and
implement people plans to help your school meet its operational and strategic goals.
What does it include?
• understanding business issues and how they influence HR decision-making
• employment law and its application to issues such as grievances, dismissals
and advising colleagues on maternity/paternity leave and retirement
• researching data and insights about HR and applying it to your school
• resourcing and talent planning to review and plan recruitment, ensuring your school employs and retains sufficient numbers of skilled staff
• reward management when working for a publicly funded organisation
• developing yourself to understand the benefits of effective HR practice in schools.
The modules have been specially contextualised to recognise the uniqueness of the educational environment. In the classroom, the tutor will encourage discussion about key themes and how this translates to the school setting.
Back to Events
‘I’m a manager in a small organisation with responsibility for HR in my job. I didn’t know if an HR qualification was going to be too specialist for me. I needn’t have worried.I could easily relate the topics to my job and could easily apply what I learned at work. I would wholeheartedly recommend this programme.’
CIPD student, graduated October 2017