This event will provide a thorough introduction to good estate management. We will be moving beyond the basics to look at practical issues that face academies and other educational establishments in the current environment.
Finally looking at how all these factors can be pulled together into a comprehensive asset management approach that will allow you to effectively and efficiently manage land and buildings strategically and ensure that they are fit for the future.
We will look at specific areas such as:
- how to prioritise and implement an effective
- maintenance regime, including ensuring that both
- revenue and capital issues are taken into
- running costs
- energy management
- performance management
- third party use of buildings, including the legal and
- financial implications.
- appreciate why it is crucial to set and prioritise levels of maintenance
- explore the key data areas you need to effectively manage and measure the performance of the estate
- understand the effect of covenants, leases, licences and other estates management issues
- understand how a strategic approach can improve the ways we manage, challenge and utilise land and buildings for education
Who should attend
This event is vital for those responsible for premises management, including head teachers, school bursars, business managers, premises managers, members of the board of trustees/governing body, facilities managers, or anyone else with responsibilities for, or an oversight of, educational establishments.
For more information and to view the programme please click here