The Professional Clerking Programme (London Cohort 5)
This new Professional Clerking Programme offers an integration of effective clerking with the wider activities of school business leadership. It is designed, developed, and delivered by experts and practitioners in school governance working with the Institute of School Business leadership (ISBL) and the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA). The strength of this unique partnership offers up-to-date and hands-on expertise, along with the credibility and capability from the professional bodies.
There are eight core topics delivered through module workbooks, which are both practical and informative. These are easy to access on-line units are focused on the Department for Education's (DfE) Clerking Competencies framework, designed to build the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed for effective and efficient clerking.
- Two face-to-face workshops with an experienced facilitator to ensure participants understand how to engage with the programme
- A focus on the development of clerking competencies
- Professional trainers to provide guidance, knowledge, and ongoing support
- A dedicated contact person who is available throughout the whole programme
- A diagnostic self-review undertaken at the start and end of the programme - to evaluate strengths and development needs, and assess the learning journey
- Access to newly written, interactive clerking and governance e-learning modules and resources
- Participation in peer-to-peer and group learning to strengthen and enable networking
- Reflective activities and projects to ensure that learning is embedded and has impact in the participants role
- Accessible workbooks and learning journal so that learning can be recorded and revisited, in personalised programme records
There are eight core topics delivered through module workbooks, which are both practical and informative. These are easy to access on-line units are focused on the Department for Education's (DfE) Clerking Competencies framework.
Time commitment is 60 hours
Back to Events