Level Seven certificate in school financial and operational leadership (cohort 12 London )
CIPFA and ISBL have worked in the past on providing support to SBM professionals and are now partnering to professionalise these roles to meet the new challenges by offering a Level Seven Postgraduate Certificate in school financial and operational leadership for Academy Trust Leaders.
This innovative programme has been running for a year and is receiving fantastic feedback from all 150+participants. Delivered by CIPFA, it provides a pathway for all roles within the finance or business management function in academies, MATs and local authority organisations. The year-long course is designed to support professionals who aspire to be CFO/COOs. The programme provides a flexible blend of e-learning, workbooks and face-to-face sessions to enable those working in an academy to develop their skills. For more information relating to the programme which could be used as supporting evidence when applying to your school please click here.
The programme provides a pathway for all roles within the finance or business management function in academies or MATs. It is ultimately designed to support professionals who aspire to be CFO/COOs of the future and may be starting their career progression from different points.
The course has been specifically designed to ensure that it provides a route to a professional accountancy qualification, should participants wish to pursue this in the future and receive exemptions on the CIPFA Professional Qualification or their chosen route of study.
The completion of the programme will also provide necessary evidence against an application for ISBL Fellowship. Successful participants will also be able to apply for CIPFA Affiliate membership.
This programme has been specifically designed to meet the standards as set out in the professional standards.
The course modules:
- Overview of Academy Finance
- Accounting Terminology
- Academy Financing
- Statutory Duties
- Accruals Accounting and the Accounts Direction (including ‘Dear Accounting Officer’ letters)
- Layout of the Financial Statements and Annual Report
- Overview of Financial Management (Planning, Monitoring and Control)
- This stage is delivered through an online workbook and face-to-face training
- Certificate in Financial Reporting in Academies – Delivered through e-learning and face-to-face training
- Better Business Cases – Introduction – Delivered through an online workbook
- Education Funding – Delivered through an online workbook
- The Audit of Academies – Delivered through an online workbook and face-to-face training
- Procurement and Contract Management – Delivered through face-to-face training and written assessments.
Strategic Financial Planning (Curriculum-Led Funding), Costing and Finance Efficiency in Academies – Delivered through an online workbook and face-to-face training
Accountability, Assurance and Governance – Delivered through an online workbook and face-to-face training
Advanced Audit Requirements – Delivered through an online workbook and face-to-face training
Better Business Case Foundation – Delivered through e-learning and written assessment
This cohort is now full - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org