IOSH Health & Safety for School Business Professionals - Refresher
This one day course is for those who have previously attended and passed the IOSH Health and Safety for School Business Professionals course, within the last three years.
The course is designed to provide continued support to School Business Managers and other colleagues involved with health and safety management in schools.
Attendance of the full two-day Health and Safety for School Business Professionals course within the last 3 years. Previous course certificate number and date is required as evidence
• To revise key management responsibilities from the IOSH Safety for SBPs course.
• Update changes in relevant good practice guidance, legislation and standards.
Learning objectives - learner will be able to
• Have an update on key changes to health and safety legislation, enforcement and good practice standards in an educational establishment
• Refresh on latest approaches to risk assessment.
• Understand current processes for effective safety management, with reference to relevant Educational / International standards for health and safety
• Review effectiveness of control measures and how these can be integrated into other school processes.
• Performance measurements, using leading and lagging indicators.