IOSH Health & Safety for School Business Professionals - Refresher
IOSH Health & Safety for School Business Professionals - Refresher course
This one day refresher course is for those who have previously attended and passed the IOSH Health and Safety for School Business Professionals course, within the last three years. To maintain your qualification (IOSH Approved Health and Safety for School Business Professionals) you must attend the refresher course within three years of completing your original training. Your certificate will then remain valid for a further three years.).
The course is designed to provide continued support to School Business Professionals and other colleagues involved with health and safety management in schools.
Attendance of the full two-day IOSH Health and Safety for School Business Professionals course within the last 3 years. Previous course certificate number and date is required as evidence.
Please note: If you have attended another IOSH training course (not the IOSH Health and Safety for School Business Professionals course) then you are unable to attend this refresher course. You will instead have to complete the full 2 day training course.
- To revise key management responsibilities from the IOSH Safety for SBPs course.
- Update changes in relevant good practice guidance, legislation and standards.
The learner will be able to:
- Have an update on key changes to health and safety legislation, enforcement and good practice standards in an educational establishment
- Refresh on latest approaches to risk assessment.
- Understand current processes for effective safety management, with reference to relevant Educational / International standards for health and safety
- Review effectiveness of control measures and how these can be integrated into other school processes.
- Performance measurements, using leading and lagging indicators.
There is an end of course assessment which comprises multi-choice and other questions pertaining to the content, to verify knowledge and understanding. The pass mark is 70%.