CIPD Level 5 Associate Diploma in People Management for School Business Professionals (C1)
CIPD Level 5 Associate Diploma in People Management for School Business Professionals
The newly launched CIPD Level 5 Associate Diploma in People Management is an ideal way to help broaden the knowledge and extend the HR and people management skills of school business professionals.
This new programme replaces the CIPD Level 5 Intermediate Certificate in Human Resource Management for new ISBL learners for enrolments from May 2021 onwards.
As well as providing a recognised professional qualification, the programme helps to acquire a wide range of relevant, practical skills that can be applied in your school. The programme enables learners to:
- maintain and develop the effectiveness and efficiency of the operations for which they are responsible
- underpin and develop their knowledge of key aspects of their roles allowing them to add value to their organisation
- substantiate their experience and provide professional assurance with an accredited qualification.
What will you study?
The Certificate is made up 7 units. You will complete all of the core units:
- Organisational Performance and Culture in Practice
- Evidence-based Practice
- Professional Behaviours and Valuing People
- Employment Relationship Management
- Talent Management and Workforce Planning
- Reward for Performance and Contribution
Plus, a choice of one of the following optional units
- Specialist Employment Law
- Advances in Digital Learning and Development
- Well-being at Work
The units can be completed in any order on the open course. However, we have three dedicated intakes, which are education contextualised, starting each year.
All of these units map to the ISBL Professional Standards HR discipline, which focuses on school business professionals undertaking this activity for their school to ensure regulatory and legal compliance of the management and development of school staff to deliver the school’s/trust’s strategic priorities in line with its vision.
How long is the programme?
This Diploma programme is approximately 12 months in length.
Each module takes around 5-6 weeks when studied via live online delivery.
You can view a draft timetable here.
Who will be on my cohort with me?
We run a cohort of the Level 5 Diploma on a rolling basis. Each term, a new intake of SBPs joins the existing cohort and everyone starts the next unit together.
It is important to remember that the units have been designed to be completed in any order.
The benefits of this approach are:
- Flexibility – we are able to offer multiple start dates for this programme throughout the year.
- Networking – it allows you to network with a wider range of SBPs as they join the cohort.
- Support – you can gain insights and receive guidance from the other SBPs on the programme who have already completed some of the units.
How is the programme delivered?
The six Core units are delivered via Live Online, which includes live, interactive webinar sessions delivered by an MOL’s industry expert tutor. The core units have been contextualised especially for SBPs and the education sector.
You don’t need to worry about an emergency occurring in school (e.g. Ofsted visit) that means you miss a live online session. All live sessions are recorded to enable you to access them on demand and you will also have access to all of the relevant on demand resources for each unit, should you need to.
The optional units are delivered either live online or on-demand. You will need to choose one of the three optional units to complete. You can then choose whether you complete it online on-demand or whether you join an Open cohort* for this unit (live online).
*An open cohort is made up of learners from a variety of different sectors and backgrounds. Joining an open cohort is a great way of learning how other HR professionals do things in their sector / organisations.
How is the programme assessed?
All units are assessed via essay-based assignment. These assignments are usually 2,000–4,000 words in length, depending on the module.
Do I need any HR experience to complete this programme?
The programme is aimed at learners who may already be working in an HR role and are looking to expand their experience and knowledge. For individuals who already hold a CIPD Level 3 or are perhaps educated to degree level, CIPD Level 5 is also a natural progression step.