IOSH approved training for School Business Professionals (January 2022)
IOSH approved training for School Business Professionals
Dates: 25th and 26th January 2022
This training is delivered online, joining instructions will be emailed to you a few days before course starts, as well as a learner pack and course guide.
ISBL are offering this course which is approved by IOSH (Institute of Occupational Safety and Health) through our partnership with In House safety (wholly owned subsidiary of PHSC plc)
The course runs from 9.00am to 5.00pm each day
Any manager within a school who has responsibility for managing or implementing health and safety systems, including school business managers, site managers, facilities managers and caretakers.
This is 2 day, bespoke course for managers in schools/academies. At the end of the course delegates will return to their school/academy and be able to:
- understand the key legal requirements and standards to be achieved within the school
- understand how accidents occur, and how to implement simple systems to prevent them, also to ensure correct protocols are followed in the event of an accident to reduce criminal or civil liability and reassure colleagues and caregivers
- conduct a risk assessment and implement a risk assessment strategy
- identify the key hazards in the school environment and the management and controls of each
- implement simple safety systems into other business initiatives and responsibilities to enable an integrated approach to safety
There is an end of course assessment which comprises multi-choice and other questions pertaining to the content, to verify knowledge and understanding.