As the 2020-21 academic year draws to a close, speculation is already bubbling away about what this September will look like in schools. However, it’s time to look beyond THIS autumn and plan for your school’s September 2022 applications.
Did you know that just because your primary school’s admissions process is administered by the Local Authority, it does NOT mean that driving pupil applications is out of your hands?
Put simply, LAs do:
● Set the date from which parents can start to apply for primary school places
● Set the deadline for applications
● Set the number of schools parents can list as their preferred choices
● Release offers of places on Primary Schools National Offer Day
BUT LAs don’t:
● Arrange Open Mornings and events inviting families to see inside the school (virtually or in-person)
● Offer a warm and welcoming atmosphere at every touchpoint with parents, from the staff and pupils to the physical environment
● Promote your school’s USPs and communicate these to families in your community and beyond
● Ensure your school’s online presence is tip top for prospective families, from the website to social media
● Offer a wealth of information to prospective families about why your school is the right one for their child
For the 2022 admissions cycle, NOW is the time to plan and put in place your marketing strategy for reaching and engaging with prospective parents.
It really can make ALL the difference in helping families to choose your school.
Emily Richards, Founder & Director, The Stickman Consultancy
If you would like to learn exactly how to market your school and impact pupil applications, ISBL have partnered with The Stickman Consultancy to offer ISBL members 20% discount on the Stickman online pupil recruitment marketing course for primary schools.
The ‘3 Step Framework to Building an Awesome Pupil Recruitment Marketing Plan’ is an accessible and practical online course that is made up of 12 bite-sized modules. It is aimed at marketing
beginners and gives you the knowledge and confidence to put together a marketing plan and then to put it into action. Find out more here. www.thestickmanconsultancy.co.uk email@example.com