Becoming a Fellow shows that you have demonstrated your competence in, and on-going commitment to the School Business Leadership profession. The contribution that you have made is recognised by your peers and the profession and highlights that you have become one of the most experienced and qualified School Business Leadership professionals in the sector.
ISBL Fellowship - Making a difference, building the Profession
- By growing the ISBL community of Fellows and then actively engaging with you, and other stakeholders ISBL will continue to:
- Formally recognise and raise awareness of excellent practice and expertise within the profession
- Encourage the profession to aspire to excellence and higher standards of practice
- Improve the practice of School Business Leadership by encouraging ongoing participation in professional development
Benefits of becoming an ISBL Fellow
By making an application to become an ISBL Fellow, you are applying to be recognised by your professional body as a proficient, competent School Business Leadership professional, committed to the highest levels of professional and ethical practice.
If successful, you will become part of a strong, growing, influential and diverse network of like-minded people who want to develop and drive forward the School Business Leadership standards and build the reputation of the profession. You will be working alongside the Institute and our sector stakeholders to ensure that school leaders and governors fully recognise the contribution School Business Leadership professionals make to school improvement and development.
Being recognised as an ISBL Fellow demonstrates that you are a leader within the profession, have achieved a high level of professional expertise and are committed to developing your knowledge and skills to meet the ever-changing demands of the education sector. You are also showing your commitment to upholding the very highest ethical standards. ISBL maintains a public register of our Fellows on our website and ISBL Fellows can use the designation FISBL after their name and on printed material.
ISBL Fellows also receive:
- An ISBL Certificate
- An invitation to an annual dedicated professional development event for ISBL Fellows.
- An invitation to have your achievements showcased in The Voice, ISBL’s member magazine.
- ISBL encourages applications from school business management professionals working in all school settings who meet our requirements and agree to comply with our Code of Ethics. You do not need to be an ISBL member already to apply but if you are accepted as an ISBL Fellow, you will become an ISBL member.
- An opportunity to join the ISBL Network of School Efficiency Advisors
Please click here to view the full list of current ISBL Fellows
1. have at least three years recent experience working at a senior level in School Business Leadership professional role.
2. hold a qualification at Level 6 or above in school business management or in a subject which supports your professional practice in at least one of the following areas of school business management:
- Leading Support Services
For individuals not currently holding a level 6 (graduate qualification) then the ISBL Bridging Module, which accredits prior learning and experience may be the best route to fellowship. Click here for further details.
3. Demonstrate significant experience and evidence of impact in at least two of the key areas listed below. One of these two key areas must be Leading Support Services.
- Leading Support Services
4. Provide evidence of ongoing commitment to continuing professional development (CPD).
5. Provide evidence of leadership within and support for the School Business Leadership profession.
6. Demonstrate the highest standards of professional conduct.
How to apply
A guidance document explaining the application process and the application form are available here:
Guidance for applicants
You can also click here to read the FAQs and view a sample application here.
You may also find these templates useful for demonstrating your professional development within your application: Learning Diary, SWOT Analysis, and Personal Development Plan
When to apply
The application windows are open each year between:
1 October and 31 March - Fellowship assessment panel in early May
1 April and 30 September - Fellowship assessment panel in early October
Submitting your application
Please note: ISBL requests that all applicants submit both an e-copy (via email) and a hard copy of their application
Completed applications can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your completed application to:
Membership Department, ISBL, 53 Butts Road, Coventry, CV1 3BH
Please note that an administration charge applies to all applications for Fellowship, which is levied at £35 and is invoiced on receipt of your application.
If you have any questions about the application process or eligibility then please email email@example.com call 02476 231221.