CIPS Award for School Business Professionals
This award is a procurement and supply learning programme based on CIPS Global Standard and adapted for the education sector. It has been designed to incorporate terminology, practices and unique challenges specific to school business professionals.
The successful completion of the programme results in Diploma membership of CIPS.
This programme is underpinned by the ISBL Professional Standards and is recognised by the Department for Education.
What will you study?
You will study the following five modules:
- Module 1 – Driving Value through procurement and supply
- Module 2 – Managing Expenditures with Suppliers
- Module 3 – Developing Contracts in procurement and supply
- Module 4 – Sourcing Essentials in procurement and supply
- Module 5 – Effective Negotiation
How long is the programme?
12 months, with an average of 100 hours of self-study required.
How is the programme delivered?
It is delivered online, using interactive webinars and learning sessions, practical assessed assignments and remote tutor support.
The programme starts with an introductory webinar and each module starts with a day of online sessions.
What are the benefits of completing the programme?
The benefits to schools include:
- Value: This practical, applied learning approach delivers proven return on investment.
- Business improvement and savings: Work-based assignments drive improvements directly back into your workplace.
- Talent: Investing in the development of staff unlocks potential and boosts expertise leading to improved productivity and efficiency.
- Professionalism: Helps bring about positive changes in performance and behaviour that benefit your school.
The benefits to schools business professionals include:
- Be the best you can be: Supports you to demonstrate your value to your school by helping you realise efficiencies and savings through high-quality procurement.
- Opportunities: Successful completion of the programme can help unlock career advancement and specialist opportunities.
- Accreditation: The programme provides a route to CIPS Diploma professional membership status and is a step towards MCIPS status.
- Network: Participation provides knowledge sharing and networking across the education sector.
Do I need any procurement experience to complete this programme?
The programme is aimed at giving you the specialist procurement knowledge and skills to use during your role.
The completion of any procurement activities at your school/trust will help you to prepare for completing the programme and gaining accreditation. These activities will provide you with real life case studies whilst also demonstrating how high quality procurement can drive improvements and efficiencies back into your school.
How can I book my place?
To view dates of the next cohort and to book you place, visit our Training Calendar.
Click here for more information about the programme