IOSH accredited Health and Safety for School Professionals
Managing Health and Safety in the workplace is one of the most important considerations for School Business Leaders.
As part of our commitment to your professional development we are pleased to offer this IOSH approved course which is delivered by our partners, In House safety (wholly owned subsidiary of PHSC plc).
What will I learn?
At the end of the course delegates will return to their school/academy and be able to:
- understand the key legal requirements and standards to be achieved within the school
- understand how accidents occur, and how to implement simple systems to prevent them, also to ensure correct protocols are followed in the event of an accident to reduce criminal or civil liability and reassure colleagues and caregivers
- conduct a risk assessment and implement a risk assessment strategy
- identify the key hazards in the school environment and the management and controls of each
- implement simple safety systems into other business initiatives and responsibilities to enable an integrated approach to safety.
Who is this training for?
Any manager within a school who has responsibility for managing or implementing health and safety systems, including school business managers, site managers, facilities managers and caretakers.
It is suitable for all school settings (e.g. maintained, academies, independent).
How is it delivered?
This training is delivered over two days, either:
- Online - Joining instructions, an agenda and course materials will be emailed to you a few days before course starts.
- Face-to-face - Held in major cities around the country.
The event details on our training calendar will inform you about which delivery method is being used.
How is it assessed?
There is an end of course assessment which comprises multi-choice and other questions pertaining to the content, to verify knowledge and understanding.
How long is my certificate valid for?
If you pass this assessment, you will receive a certificate that is valid for three years. IOSH advise that you refresh your training every three years.
How can I renew my certification?
If you have already completed this contextualised IOSH training, you can take a one day refresher course, including passing the end of course assessment to renew your certificate for another three years. This refresher must be completed before your certificate expires. If your certificate has already expired, you will need to complete the full two day course again.
If you have attended another IOSH training course (not this contextualised IOSH course) then you are unable to attend this refresher course. You will instead have to complete the full 2 day training course.
Can this training be delivered to my local or regional group?
Yes, we can arrange for this training to be delivered to your local or regional network group. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on what we can offer.
How much does it cost?
There is an ISBL member rate and a Non member rate for all our training courses.
- ISBL member rate: £375.00 +VAT
- Non member rate: £460.00 +VAT
One of the benefits of being an ISBL member is being able to access the member rates for training and conferences. If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining ISBL here.
To be able to access the ISBL member rate, your membership needs to be active before you book your place on the course.
For more information click here
Visit our Training Calendar to see when the next available training course is.