ISBL School Optimisation Tool (ISOT)
ICFP stands for Integrated Curriculum Financial Planning. It helps a school use resources as effectively and efficiently as possible. It does so by systematically analysing all aspects of the educational provision within a school setting to ensure that financial management planning ensures an appropriate balance in the allocation and expenditure of resources.
ICFP uses a reasonably simple set of metrics that assist with collaborative decision-making across the leadership triangle, requiring involvement from school business professionals, senior pedagogical leaders and governors/trustees
The ISBL School Optimisation Tool (ISOT) helps you to calculate the metrics quickly and reliably.
It is important to accurately calculate the 12 Key Metrics used in ICFP so that you can start to investigate potential areas of inefficiency and make informed, collaborative decisions.
- Uses the ISBL Approach to ICFP.
- Guides you step-by-step to enter your school’s data.
- Calculates the 12 Key Metrics for you.
- Applies a RAG rating system to the metrics to indicate which areas may be of concern and require further investigation.
- Is supported by accompanying documentation to help you understand the 12 Key Metrics and the calculations used.
- The I-SOT is an Excel based ICFP tool. We recommend that you use Excel 2013+ or 365 on Windows. Some elements of the I-SOT are currently not supported for Macs.
The current version of the I-SOT is suitable to use with primary and secondary maintained, SAT MAT and independents. The current version of I-SOT only calculates the metrics for one school, and so if you want to use it in the context of multiple schools, you will need to calculate the metrics for each individual school and then self-aggregate the results.
There are two license types available, one for use with a single school, and the other with multiple schools (e.g. MATs).
The I-SOT is an Excel based ICFP tool. We recommend that you use Excel 2013+ or 365 on Windows. Some elements of the I-SOT are currently not supported for Macs.
I-SOT is being offered as a non-supported tool. All metrics and thresholds are correct at time of purchase. The ISOT will be updated and developed over time, existing customers may be offered the opportunity to upgrade their I-SOT version which may be at cost or free to charge.
You can purchase the ISOT here.