Introduction to School Estate Management
This event provides a thorough introduction to good estate management. The training moves beyond the basics to look at practical issues that face academies and other educational establishments in the current environment.
The event will cover areas such as:
- how to prioritise and implement an effective maintenance regime, including ensuring that both revenue and capital issues are taken into consideration
- running costs
- energy management
- performance management
- third party use of buildings, including the legal and financial implications.
What will I learn?
- Understand why it is important to take a strategic approach to managing school buildings and school sites.
- Appreciate the different roles and responsibilities in managing school buildings and sites.
- Understand why it is crucial to establish and monitor building performance.
- Grasp the effect of covenants, leases, licences and other estates management issues.
- Obtain an understanding of what policies, procedures and process you should have in place.
How are these sessions delivered?
Delivered via the Goto Training webinar platform delegates will be able to interact with the presenter posing questions and providing feedback on their experiences whilst viewing a live presentation. In advance of the event delegates will receive full log on instructions and a detailed event programme along with the presentation slides.
How long are each of the sessions?
This half day event begins with logon at 09.00 hrs for a 09.30 hrs start, and will finish at 12.30.
Who is the training for?
This event is vital for those responsible for premises management, including head teachers, school bursars, business managers, premises managers, members of the board of trustees/governing body, facilities managers, or anyone else with responsibilities for, or an oversight of, compliance issues within education buildings
Can this training be delivered to my local or regional group?
Yes, we can arrange for this training to be delivered to your local or regional network group. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on what we can offer.
How much does it cost?
There is an ISBL member rate and a Non member rate for all our training courses.
- ISBL member rate: £75.00 +VAT
- Non member rate: £90.00 +VAT
One of the benefits of being an ISBL member is being able to access the member rates for training and conferences. If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining ISBL here.
To be able to access the ISBL member rate, your membership needs to be active before you book your place on the course.
How can I book my place?
Visit our Training Calendar to see when the next available training course is.
To find out more click here.