Introduction to Marketing
A bite-sized training webinar series for SBPs and school staff to help improve the success of your school
Is your school seeing fewer applications? Finding it hard to recruit new teachers? Struggling to increase income from the local community? Or finding communicating with parents more and more difficult?
These are all marketing challenges – our webinar series will start you on the path to being able to understand and solve them, as well as updating you on the legal duties every school has around external communication.
Each webinar will consist of 1hr of new ideas, plus 15 minutes of interactive Q&A with our experienced school marketing experts.
You can purchase the whole series or individual webinars.
This four session webinar series looks at:
- Session 1 Market Research, Vision and Branding
- Session 2 The Essentials of Income Generation and how Marketing helps
- Session 3 Effective Communications and Developing a Plan
- Session 4 Tricky Marketing Issues – Handling the Press and Managing Your Social Media Presence
"It's very informative and provides good basic info for someone who hasn't been involved in marketing a school before."
What will I learn:
Who is this webinar series for?
- School Business Leaders who are looking to develop marketing skills for the first time
- Other administrative staff in schools who may have communication roles and would like to understand the principles behind marketing
- Anyone working in a school who is curious about the marketing challenges facing schools
The course presenters will not expect participants to have any existing knowledge of marketing. The course will cover the marketing needs of primary, secondary and special schools.
What does each webinar cover?
1. Market Research, Vision and Branding
- Who matters to my school – and why is this important?
- How do I find out more about them?
- How do I find out about changes in the wider world that affect my school?
- What is a brand?
- The benefits of clear messages and consistent design – and how to achieve them
- Finding and sharing stories
2. The Essentials of Income Generation and how Marketing helps
- Where can you generate extra revenue from?
- Maximising lettings and exploring crowdfunding and business sponsorship
- Applying for external grants
3. Effective Communications and Developing a Plan
- Your website (and what it must contain by law)
- Social media – a brief overview
- Other ways of attracting people to your school
- Working from your school’s development needs
- Setting SMART objectives
- Creating a content plan to support marketing
4. Tricky Marketing Issues – Handling the Press and Managing Your Social Media Presence
- Preparing for a crisis
- Understanding the media
- Writing a statement in response to a crisis
- Choosing and setting up the right social media for your school
- Handling positive and negative responses on social media
How is it delivered?
The webinars are delivered weekly via our WebEx webinar platform.
- If you have purchased the whole series, you will be sent a document containing all of the joining instructions for the whole series before the first webinar.
- If you have purchased a single webinar, you will be sent joining instructions a couple of days before the webinar.
We appreciate that emergencies can occur in school which may mean you are unable to attend one of the webinars. We record each of the webinars and provide you with access to them.
"This training has enabled me to complete a detailed analysis of how we currently promote our school and create a multi layered plan that will be straightforward to share, implement and follow."
When is the next webinar series?
All sessions start a 10am and run for 1 hour. The dates for the next series are:
| Session 1 – Market Research, Vision and Branding
|| Tuesday 9th November
| Session 2 – The Essentials of Income Generation and how Marketing helps
|| Tuesday 16th November
| Session 3 – Effective Communications and Developing a Plan
|| Tuesday 23rd November
| Session 4 – Tricky Marketing Issues – Handling the Press and Managing Your Social Media Presence?
|| Tuesday 30th November
How much does it cost?
There is an ISBL member rate and a Non member rate for all our training courses.
Whole webinar series
- ISBL member rate: £55.00 +VAT
- Non member rate: £65.00 +VAT
- ISBL member rate: £18.00 +VAT
- Non member rate: £20.00 +VAT
One of the benefits of being an ISBL member is being able to access the member rates for training and conferences. If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining ISBL here.
To be able to access the ISBL member rate, your membership needs to be active before you book your place on the course.
How can I book my place?
To purchase the whole webinar series, please visit the the Market Research, Vision and Branding event tile.
You can also book single webinars, to do this visit our Training Calendar.