Marketing workshop for School Business Professionals
Marketing can often be a sticky point in education but it is an area that is extremely relevant to schools.
One way to look at it is to ask yourself; do you need to:
- Attract more students to fill your school and to close the funding gap?
- Recruit and retain the best staff in a recruitment and retention crisis?
- Share positive stories about your school and engage difficult parents?
- Manage your school’s reputation online and handle communication in a crisis?
- Communicate your strengths widely and effectively while being GDPR compliant?
- Create a compelling brand and vision across a school or multi-academy trust?
- Generate income from a variety of sources such as sponsorship, donations, and grants?
If the answer is Yes to any of these questions, then our one-day marketing workshop will equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to review, adapt and develop your schools’ current marketing and communications strategy; whilst ensuring it works in tandem with the strategic aims of the school.
Plus, this training is underpinned by the ISBL Professional Standards.
What will I learn?
How to understand and meet the needs of key stakeholders in order to solve the problems listed above.
You will be able to identify the groups of people that matter to the future of your school; carry out research to find out what they need from you; develop key messages and a clear ‘brand’ for your school; find and tell stories that will influence people; and make use of a wide range of communication tools – including social media and your website. You will also learn about the range of different ways schools can raise income from the local community and from grants and how to write marketing and content plans that deliver real improvement to your school.
The topics covered are:
- Listening to parents, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Creating a clear vision, branding and messages to support the growth of your school
- Making effective use of the external communication channels available to schools–website, social media, apps and more
- The essentials of income generation–crowdfunding, grants, sponsorship and more
- Assembling a marketing plan and practical implementation steps
- Crisis communication and media management
What is the duration of the training?
Face to face: 1 day
Online: 1 day or two ½ days
How is the training delivered?
This can be delivered face-to-face or online.
The sessions are interactive with plenty of time to discuss, apply the learning to your context and ask questions.
This training workshop is offered to individual schools, MATs, and local network groups.
We will work with you to arrange the training on a date(s) that works for you.
What are the benefits of completing the training?
Marketing and communication is often a time-consuming and challenging task for schools and business leaders. This course allows you to take control of it by working through practical models and creating forward-looking plans. You will save time, focus your financial spend on marketing and be better able to meet your school’s recruitment or income generation targets. On a personal level, marketing is a key area of competence for business leaders looking to develop and move into more senior roles in trusts and this course is an excellent introduction.
Do I need any marketing experience to complete this training?
No, this is suitable for all those working in schools.
Who is the training for?
Responsibility for marketing is often split between different roles in a school – business leaders, headteachers, other senior teachers, and support staff. While they will all benefit from this course, we’ve found it is especially effective when all those involved attend the course and can spend time developing practical plans away from the day-to-day demands of the classroom or school office.
How much does it cost?
Individual school / trust £779 +VAT
- Min 1, max 5 delegates
- Venue and refreshments (Including lunch) to be provided by the school / trust
Local network group or group of schools (i.e. Multi Academy Trust) £979 +VAT
- Min 5, max 20 delegates
- Venue and refreshments (Including lunch) to be provided by local network group / MAT
- Opportunity for you to generate income for your school by charging delegates an attendance fee of your choosing.
One of the benefits of being an ISBL member is being able to access the member rates for training and conferences. If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining ISBL here.
To be able to access the ISBL member rate, your membership needs to be active before you book your place on the programme.
We do not offer any payment plans. The full cost must be paid in full before you start the programme. Our Terms & Conditions can be found here.
How can I book my place?
Complete a training request form and return it to us. We will then work with you to arrange the training on a date(s) that works for you.
Want to try a 6-week bite-sized Marketing course as to get you started? Find out more here.