COVID secure measures
The health and safety of our exhibitors, delegates, speakers, and staff will always be our number one priority. To ensure ISBL comply with the COVID-19 secure standards, we are still being cautious and will be following the government guidelines and working collaboratively with the venue.
We will adjust and adapt so everyone can enjoy the conference and feel safe. With that in mind, we are changing a few elements of the day to provide appropriate social distancing and limit touchpoints where necessary.
- All attendees will be asked to show evidence of a negative lateral flow test dated within 48 hours of attendance (reported on the government website & displayed via text or via the NHS app)
- Proof of double vaccination no less than 14 days before attendance (displayed via the NHS app or NHS website).
- Please ensure you register for the NHS app in advance to avoid any delays.
- Please note, the NHS app is not the same as the contact tracing app that you use to check into venues.
- All attendees must be pre-booked and registered to attend the event – there will be no opportunity to just arrive speculatively on the day.
- You will be asked to adhere to current safety measures and social distancing while onsite.
- We request you scan the track-and-trace QR code from your mobile device although this is not mandatory and at your own discretion.
- We ask that all attendees continue to wear face masks (unless medically exempt) on arrival and whilst moving around the venue – face masks can be taken off when seated.
- A contactless registration system will be in place to reduce waiting times and limit contact between organisers and attendees.
- Attendees will be able to access their booking via the on-site registration system using a QR code that will be sent to you prior to the event.
- Attendees will scan their QR code, and a personal badge will be printed.
During the event
- We recommend participants avoid physical contact, such as handshakes and embraces.
- The venue will have enhanced cleaning procedures, with handwashing and sanitising facilities at frequent intervals.
- The venue will employ the highest standards of food safety, minimising self-service buffets in favour of pre-packaged food options where possible.
- If any queuing is anticipated, social distancing will be maintained and venue staff will assist where necessary.
These policies will continue to be reviewed in line with government and local authority updates.