The Manchester and Trafford School Business Leader Forum was formed in 2005. The forum originated as two separate borough groups which were subsequently merged when the Chair of the Trafford forum moved to work in a Manchester school. At present we have over 50 secondary school members, and we continue to grow.
The forum has historically been run by a volunteer school business leader, however, due to increasing workloads and more and more demands being placed on business leaders the forum members made the decision to appoint Redrambler Limited (www.redrambler.org) to provide administration and management support to the forum from January 2020.
The members highly value the group and it has often been described as a lifeline due to the support and networking opportunities it has offered over the years.
Our vision and aims are:-
- To continue to provide a local network of Bursars and School Business Leaders who work together to support each other
- To provide opportunities for:-
- Sharing good practice
- Collaborative purchasing
- Joint CPD events/workshops/keynote speakers
- Negotiating discounts/special prices
- Income generation ideas
- Providing feedback from our region to local and national bodies
- Signposting information/relevant CPD opportunities
- Mentor support to new Bursars/SBM/SBLs
Membership is open to anyone who works within a school business environment in the Manchester or Trafford area, in any phase or type of school e.g. maintained, academy etc. No matter what your job title is, School Business Manager, Finance Manager, Director of Finance – you are welcome to join us!
Membership costs £50 per year and provides attendance to 3 meetings, access to the online website and discussion forums.
Further information is available on our website – http://manchester.sbmnetwork.org.uk/
If you would like details on becoming a member or a sponsor please contact Jackie Byrne at [email protected]
Contact: Jackie Byrne