The OABMG was set up so that Business Managers in Oxfordshire Academies, including Multi-Academy Trusts, could meet regularly to resolve issues collaboratively. As Local Authority services are rationalised and further schools convert to academy status, this group faces common challenges and there are huge benefits from pooling experience and buying power. The Group facilitates the following:
- Presentations by suppliers for services of interest to the group
- Presentations by OCC personnel on areas of interest to the group
- Collaborative procurement leveraging the group spend to benefit academies of all types and sizes
- Open forum to act as the enabler for discussion on aspects such as the sharing of best practice, documentation, policies and procedures
- Shared training and CPD opportunities
In addition the group has an online forum which provides:
- A forum to start discussions
- A central repository for standard documents and policies
- A list of useful links to various education organisations, suppliers etc
- A Jobs Board (www.jobsinschools.org) to advertise vacancies in member schools
Meetings are held in central Oxfordshire once every half-term. For further information on how to join the group please contact Rhian Begg on 07875 55 36 85 or via email on [email protected]
OABM Conference Sponsored by Whitley Stimpson
Member Cost: £50
Non-member Cost: £65
Following last year’s hugely successful inaugural Oxfordshire Academies Business Managers Conference, we will be holding a second conference on 5th March 2019 at the Kassam Stadium, Oxford.
We had an excellent response from delegates with an overwhelming number saying it was excellent value for money, that they would recommend the conference to colleagues and that there was a good mix of academies, MATs and maintained schools. In addition the price level meant that more than one person from their school could benefit from attending.
For this reason, we have kept the price of a ticket to £65 for non members and £50 for members, which, again, represents excellent value for money and underlines the fact that this is a not for profit event. In addition, we want to make sure that delegates are able to meet with, and learn from, experts and peers; and have the opportunity to input into discussions.
This year, again we have some first class speakers covering a wide range of topics including Governance, the changing role of the SBM, Procurement, Estate Management and MAT development. Our aim is to appeal to a broad range of disciplines across a variety of job roles.
For further information, and to register for the conference, please go to http://www.oabmg.co.uk/events/event/?id=47137 or contact Rhian Begg on [email protected]
Contact: Rhian Begg