(Required for August/Sept 2018)
Location – Beccles Primary Academy Ellough Road, Beccles
Phoenix St Peter Academy, Enstone Road Lowestoft
Employer - REAch2 Academy Trust
Full Time – Permanent
Salary – £31, 401 - £38, 052 per annum (depending on experience)
Beccles Primary Academy is an average-sized primary school in Beccles, Suffolk. Beccles is a charming, bustling market town on the River Waveney on the edge of The Broads National Park. It accommodates approximately 270 pupils from Nursery to Year 6. The school converted to an Academy on July 1st, 2015 with REAch2 Multi Academy Trust.
Phoenix St Peter Academy is an average-sized one form entry primary school in Lowestoft, Suffolk. It sits within walking distance of the local golden sandy beach and is built upon four core values: aspiration, courage, creativity and kindness. The school converted to an Academy in August 2015 and currently has 209 pupils on roll from Nursery to Year 6.
- have extensive experience as a primary school business manager, preferably in a setting currently providing pre-school and wrap around care
- have relevant qualifications in business/finance and HR
- have a comprehensive knowledge of current Health and Safety legislation and practices
- be committed, driven and passionate about improving opportunities for children
- be part of the Senior Leadership team within both schools, contributing to the success and effectiveness of the academies as well as embodying the family ethos at both schools
- have a proven track record for generating additional revenue
- take a proactive role in promoting the Academies within the local community
- be confident and have the initiative to solve the unexpected challenges of two busy schools
- ensure our schools always have best value for money with procurement, preferably with proficiency in project management.
We will offer you:
- outstanding training, networking and an opportunity to further develop your career within our Multi Academy Trust, REAch2, the largest primary only academy trust in the country
- a supportive team, working with other Senior School Business Managers across the region, reporting to our Regional Business Manager
- generous holiday entitlement and LGPS pension scheme
- and, most importantly, AMAZING children just waiting to meet you!
Founded in 2012, REAch2 Academy Trust is the largest primary-only academy trust in the country. It is a growing charitable organisation currently supporting 56 primary academies across England, including 6 in the local area. REAch2 is a family, connected by a common desire to learn from each other, share experiences and be mutually supportive across the entire academy community. We work as a team to deliver exceptional learning opportunities for all pupils in REAch2.
Visits to the schools are strongly advised, where you can also meet the Headteacher and appointments should be made by contacting the school office.
For further details, please click here for the following:
Candidate application pack
Equal opportunities monitoring form
Closing Date: Friday 13th July 2018 (midday)
Interview Date: Monday 16th July 2018
Please return your completed application forms to:
Heather Thorne, Headteacher, Beccles Primary Academy
Telephone: 01502 713281
Beccles & Phoenix Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check and satisfactory written references.
The school and REAch2 Academy Trust reserves the right to appoint earlier if an exceptional candidate applies for the post, so early applications are strongly encouraged.
Initial interviews may be held by Skype or Zoom.