HEAD OF FINANCE
Permanent - Full Time
Salary range £55,000 - £60,000 (potentially more for an exceptional candidate)
Includes Car Allowance
Travel between schools is expected
The Southwark Diocesan Board of Education Multi-Academy Trust (SDBE MAT), based near London Bridge, is continuing to build a first class, dynamic and forward-thinking team to support a growing number of schools with their varying needs. To deliver our service, we are seeking to recruit a Head of Finance who can take on overall responsibility for the day to day financial management of the Trust and its member Academies.
The successful candidate will have relevant experience in financial management, financial regulations and good financial practice, preferably from a schools-based setting. They should have relevant finance related qualifications and experience in budget setting and monitoring and production of financial accounts and returns.
We are looking for someone who:
- challenges, coaches and thinks creatively;
- can identify, review and pursue group financial efficiencies;
- has proven experience of financial leadership;
- will add to the dynamics of our superb team.
The role will involve:
- shaping the organisation, ensuring it remains financially agile, efficient and sustainable;
- developing and delivering our finance & business strategies;
- developing and advising on policies, procedures, guidance and process;
- being part of a team equipped and willing to support our schools;
- ensuring our processes and practices link to the Trust’s Vision and Mission and that our Christian ethos permeates throughout the way we work with our people;
- liaising with our key stakeholders including; the Trust Board, Local Governing Bodies, Local Authorities and other financial institutions including Department for Education, HMRC and pension providers.
In return, the successful candidate will:
- be a member of a strong and dynamic team of professionals;
- be supported through a comprehensive professional development programme;
- work within an organisation that has high aspirations for all of its pupils and staff;
- receive a generous holiday entitlement;
- benefit from membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- health & wellbeing support;
- interest-free season ticket loan.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
This is a superb opportunity to develop and progress professionally and to impact upon children’s learning.
The SDBE MAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Prospective candidates are invited to contact Mark Burnett, Chief Operating Officer, (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange an informal discussion about the job.
Application packs are also available from Cheryl Kuit, SDBE MAT Administrator (Tel: 020 7234 9207 or e-mail email@example.com)
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Friday 10 August 2018
Shortlisting: Monday 13 August 2018
Interview: Tuesday 21 August 2018