~~SCHOOL BUSINESS MANAGER
Required for September 2018 (or as soon as possible)
Salary: PO3 41 weeks of the year 36 Hours per week. Pro Rata Salary - £32,679
This is an exciting time for an innovative School Business Manager to join our new primary school. Southville Primary School wishes to appoint an energetic and knowledgeable person to join a friendly and dedicated team. Southville Infants and Nursery School and Southville Junior School are amalgamating and are launching a new all through primary school from 1st September 2018.
This brings its own challenges as we merge systems, create new staffing structures and move the new school forward into the 21st century digital age. It is a great new position for someone wishing to be a major player in establishing a new school for the future.
We are looking for a school business manager who:
1. Can provide strategic leadership and direction on the operational management of non-curriculum functions within the school (Finance, HR, Facilities/Premises/Health and Safety).
2. Can lead on financial management in conjunction with the headteacher and is IT literate with a sound knowledge of SIMS FMS6 and previous experience of management accounts.
3. Has experience of facilities management – will be responsible for premises staff and extensive school buildings and grounds. Willing to train and achieve IOSH Managing Safely Certificate in time.
4. Can take responsibility for the line management and performance management of administration and site/premises staff (including medical and ICT), leading with warmth and professionalism.
5. Has the ability to lead and manage whole school projects.
6. Under the new GDPR, this postholder will be the Data Protection Officer for the new school.
7. Has the ability to work calmly under pressure with a high volume of work and deal discreetly with confidential information.
8. Is keen to become part of a Senior Leadership team that is embracing the changes that this amalgamation brings, and is forward thinking, welcoming and supportive.
In addition, you will represent the school at meetings with the London Borough of Hounslow and external service providers, and be required to present to relevant governors meetings.
This is an exciting time for an experienced School Business Manager or for someone wishing looking to move into the next phase of their career and work with a new school. Either way, we are looking for someone that will embrace the opportunities that this position will provide as well as the possibility of taking the Certificate of School Business Management if not already achieved.
Closing Date 19/07/2018 at 12 noon. Interview Date 23/07/18.
Please send completed application forms to: email@example.com