Park Hill Primary School are seeking to appoint a School Business Manager
Hours: 37 hours per week, term time only + 3 weeks (5 training days + 2 weeks during school holidays)
Grade: Band F SCP 32 – 37 - £29,055 - £33,136 per annum pro rata
Required – 1st January 2019 or sooner
The Governing Body are seeking a School Business Manager as we move forward on our journey to Outstanding, after we were judged a Good school by OFSTED in November 2017.
We want a forward thinking, innovative School Business Manager to lead on all non-teaching and learning aspects of running the school. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and committed colleague, able to take the lead role in the business management of our continually improving school.
Our new SBM will have experience of:
* Strategic Planning
* Financial Management
* Human Resources
* Estate & Premises Management & Development
* Whole School Administration
* Marketing, income and bid writing generation
Our new SBM will have:
* CSBM qualification or currently working towards.
* Evidence of a strong financial background with previous successful experience of planning, delivering budgets and managing projects; ensuring compliance with SVFS, Audit and statutory regulations.
* Outstanding business management practice.
* Evidence of strong organisational skills and managing effective administrative systems.
* Experience of leading and managing teams.
* Experience of financial management and income generation.
* Project management skills.
* Knowledge of effective management of the school buildings, the outdoor environment.
* Ability to manage Health and Safety in liaison with the Site Manager, and manage the building development programme, ensuring compliance with statutory tests and oversee asset management records and risk assessments.
* Experience of managing HR, safer recruitment, vetting and maintaining HR records, including annual census.
* Passion for making a difference and be highly motivated.
* Experience of appraising and developing others and knowledge of performance management cycles.
* Experience of SIMS/FMS and provide a comprehensive administrative support and manage the schools MIS
* Ability to manage and co-ordinate whole school CPD.
* Evidence of being an exemplary role model within the work place.
* Ability to go above and beyond.
We can offer the successful candidate:
* A staff team with commitment and vision for continual improvement
* A high degree of autonomy and flexibility
* A happy working atmosphere as well as friendly motivated children who enjoy learning and have very good behaviour
* Opportunities for Continued Professional Development
* A highly supportive Governing Body
* Support from SLT colleagues
If you have the drive and enthusiasm to join us and make a difference, we look forward to hearing from you.
Visits to school are encouraged and please contact Head Teacher Caroline Logan on 0121 556 2188 to arrange a suitable time. Application packs are available by email from email@example.com or you can collect from the school office, telephone 0121 556 2188 for further details.
Closing date: Friday 26th October 2018 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: Friday 26th October 2018
Interviews: W/B 5th November 2018
Park Hill Primary School is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service