SCHOOL BUSINESS MANAGER (Permanent)
PO1- PO2 (depending on experience)
30-35 Hours. All year or term-time considered
Head Teacher Administrative Officer, Liaise with Caretaking Team, Catering Team
Start Date: From February 2019 (as soon as possible)
Located in central London and close to major transport links, Thomas Coram Centre and Nursery School is looking for an enthusiastic and proactive School Business Manager. Situated on a leafy campus, we are a maintained nursery school with 120 children aged 2, 3, and 4 years old. As a school, we have been consistently judged as Outstanding by Ofsted.
Working with the Head Teacher, Senior Leadership Team and Governors, the role will involve leading and delivering the management of school finances, payroll, HR, premises, Health & Safety and administration. The position is for 30-35 hours per week/ All year or term time only (negotiable).
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Prepare and manage the school budgets (including strategic 3 year budgeting)
• Prepare budget reports for the Head Teacher and Governors
• Process day to day financial transactions (including invoices and banking)
• Process Payroll inputs and reconcile related reports • Be responsible for HR matters
• Manage the schools’ premises and contracted services, in liaison with Coram and Camden Local Authority
• Have responsibility for Health and Safety
• Provide a sensitive and supportive service to families and contribute to our friendly, inclusive nursery school
• Candidates should have a strong knowledge of School Business Management and ideally hold the Certificate of School Business Management (or equivalent).
Camden values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce who reflects this.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community. Visits are strongly recommended - please telephone the main office on 0207 520 0385 to make an appointment or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.