‘Staff feel appreciated. They acknowledge how the changes implemented have had a positive effect on their workload and wellbeing' Ofsted 2018
As the only Special School Academy in North Yorkshire we believe what we offer to our children, community and staff is unique and has enabled us to be forward thinking in terms of curriculum, provision, staff work load and budget planning. As a specialist school for children with a wide range of SEN needs we have a strong moral compass in everything we do and this has seen us develop and grow our number on roll (currently 87 and growing) and our specialisms which are predominant within Autism and Communication Needs.
Our staff are our greatest resource and we have invested in both our teaching and support staff teams which has placed us in a good position with regards to current educational challenges.
We are looking to appoint in the important post of Business Manager. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team you will predominately be our lead finance expert and steer and advise us on all budget planning and forecasts. In addition, you will also lead all other business and support functions covering procurement, premises management, health and safety and HR ensuring compliance with statutory requirements.
As an Academy convertor our funding comes direct from the DFE and we are governed by our Articles of Association and Funding Agreement.
A Business Manager in today’s education world has to wear many hats and in response to some of these challenges we have just completed a restructure of our admin and support functions within school.
We actively welcome interest not just from experienced colleagues within education but those with a strong financial background from other sectors.
What we are looking for in our successful Business Manager:
• A minimum AAT Foundation Certificate (or equivalent), and extensive on the job experience i.e. minimum 5 years in a financial, management and leadership role. The requirement for formal qualification might be waived for an exceptionally qualified candidate who can demonstrate financial knowledge and experience of a similar standard.
• Developed leadership skills (strategic planning, effective line management competency, visibility, initiative, proactive approach, and a hands on approach to team support)
• Proven experience of financial management, including providing management information, scenario planning, responding to audits.
• Strong IT and organisational skills(reviewing business processes, streamlining systems, using new technology to improve operations).
• Ideally knowledge and experience of funding streams within education or a similar field
What we can offer in return:
• An excellent opportunity for a finance colleague in either education or another sector to develop their career with a school who have maintained their ‘good’ Ofsted judgment in 2018.
• The opportunity for training and development – both through within school and access to finance networks across North Yorkshire County Council.
• A chance to make a difference to some of the most vulnerable children in the learning system.
Join our school and make a real difference to our children and your career in an area that offers so much! To arrange a visit please contact James on the details below.
The date of commencement for this post will be in as soon possible ideally in January or February 2019. Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
For an informal conversation about the role, to arrange a visit or for an Application Form please contact James Annetts at Resourcing Solutions (North Yorkshire County Council) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01609 534939 / 07966261249
Deadline for Receipt of Applications: 9am Monday 28 January 2019
Woodlands Academy is committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community and aims to have a workforce reflecting this diversity. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.