This is an exciting and unique time to join the team at East Barnet School. This post requires commitment and enthusiasm, as you will help shape the future of the school. The definitive role will be finalised dependent on the skills and experience you can bring.
A great place to LEARN
A great place to WORK
East Barnet School has a historic legacy, first opening in 1937 with only 200 pupils. As an extremely popular school with 1,400 students currently on roll, the school moved to a brand new state-of-the-art modern building in September 2010.
The school has a good staff retention and morale is high, attributed to clear structures in place which enable disruption free learning. There is a broad and balanced curriculum and well-being is a top priority.
East Barnet School has an outstanding reputation in the local community and is significantly over-subscribed in all year groups including the Sixth Form which is consistently ranked in the top 10% of the country.
What we offer:
• Supported by the Senior Leadership Team, Governors and local networks of School Business Managers.
• Access to professional learning and support.
• Strong positive school ethos.
What you offer:
• You will be educated to degree level in a relevant field or able to demonstrate equivalent ability .
• You will have finance/accounting related qualifications or able to demonstrate equivalent ability.
• You will have experience of managing change, business processes and setting and managing budgets.
• You will be an able communicator with the ability to form positive relationships with all sectors of the school community.
Benefits of working at EBS:
• Professional Development
• The school is committed to growth mindset and the professional development of all colleagues. East Barnet School is part of the North London Teaching Alliance (NTLA), providing a wealth of CPD opportunities which complements the extensive in house CPD offered.
• Leadership and Coaching programmes are particularly useful for staff new to the school or new to post. Coaching allows you to discuss issues and anxieties in a confidential setting, separate from any assessment or performance management process.
• Well Being is a school priority and time is set aside to ensure colleagues are able to maintain a positive work life balance.
• We have received several awards in recognition of our personal and professional development of staff.
• Serviced by great train, underground and bus transport links (Northern line, Piccadilly line and overground (High Barnet) station and all are within walking distance).
• Being based in the outskirts of London means we benefit from a more rural location and cheaper housing prices whilst being only a short train journey into the centre of London.
• For those who drive, we have an ample free car park, and we have bike racks for those who choose to cycle.
• There are plenty of local shops and supermarkets in the surrounding area around the school, and a great view across East Barnet from our floor to ceiling panoramic Library window.
• Behaviour and safety were judged to be Outstanding at the last full OFSTED inspection (2012).
• Very supportive, family atmosphere amongst staff.
• State-of-the-art school building which was opened in September 2010.
• Extensive grounds and modern outside sports facilities.
Come and visit:
We would love to show you in person what we can offer. Please contact Carole Furneaux on 0208 344 2100 to arrange a visit.
EBS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Further details and an application pack can be found on the school website at: http://www.eastbarnetschool.com/vacancies/