Required September 2019
School Business Manager
All Year Round
35 Hours Per Week
Salary Scale: Scale PO9 (Scale Point 60-64)
£57,627 to £61,737 per annum
We are a vibrant, caring and ambitious school committed to the success of our students. We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced person to take on the exciting position of School Business Manager.
• Are you passionate about helping every child succeed and improve their life chances?
• Are you prepared to work collaboratively for the benefit of young people?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for a passionate and ambitious professional who understands how the excellent provision of finance and resources can support students in making exceptional progress.
The role will be an exciting mix of strategic leadership and operational management where no two days will be the same. Flexibility, resilience and an ability to prioritise are essential, along with the confidence to remodel new ways of working with existing team members and the skill to lead this change. Previous experience in education is desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a proven track record in leading and innovating change, particularly in business and finance
• Be ambitious and well qualified
• Be an excellent communicator capable of influencing and inspiring others
• Possess strong leadership and management skills and be able to challenge and support staff and students to great achievement
• Ensure that students are at the centre of every decision
In return, we can offer:
• Development as a senior leader and further training as a School Business Manager
• The opportunity to work in a successful school which is undergoing an exciting expansion programme
• A supportive and encouraging staff team
• The opportunity to work with our motivated, ambitious and caring staff and students
• A school culture that understands the importance of staff wellbeing and workload management.
The school is located less than 10 mins walk from Upney tube station and Barking mainline station (25 minutes from Liverpool Street).
Please click here to find out more informational about what it is like to work at Barking Abbey www.barkingabbeyschool/join-us/staff-vacancies/
Interested applicants should download the core staff application form, found on-line at www.barkingabbeyschool.co.uk and email completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only fully completed application forms will be accepted.
If you would like to visit the school prior to applying, please contact the Head’s PA, Mrs C Wright at email@example.com
Closing Date: 8.30am, Friday, 5th April 2019
Interviews will be held on the 29th and 30th April 2019
Barking Abbey is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and a comprehensive screening process, including Disclosure check, will be undertaken on all successful applicants.