We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Finance Manager to oversee all aspects of finance within our expanding Multi Academy Trust. There will be significant opportunities for growth and career development with the anticipated growth in our MAT.
This is a full-time, full-year permanent contract, based at West Lakes Academy, starting as soon as possible. The starting salary will be £39,665 per annum rising to £43,911 per annum. An attractive occupational pension scheme is available through the Local Government Pension Scheme.
• Provide operational and strategic financial support for the Trust.
• Manage the MAT finance team and provide finance services.
• Manage: budget monitoring, budget setting, payroll, and finance systems
• Design and implement central finance structures and systems and support the development of financial strategy.
• Assist in formulating the financial aims and objectives of the Multi Academy Trust and in establishing the policies, systems and procedures.
• Have experience of change management.
• Support the Chief Operating Officer in ensuring compliance with financial guidelines and requirements for the Department for Education.
We would welcome candidates with experience of either primary or secondary education; this would be an advantage but is not essential.
West Lakes Multi Academy Trust currently comprises West Lakes Academy and two primary schools, who are on schedule to join the Trust in September 2019. West Lakes Academy was last inspected by Ofsted in March 2017 and judged to be Outstanding in all aspects.
We are a thriving, ambitious and forward thinking academy trust situated on the edge of the beautiful Lake District. Our modern £26m building provides outstanding facilities which create a bright and motivational learning environment. As a Teaching School and Multi Academy Trust we are building strong links with other schools in the local area and nationally. This role therefore provides significant career development opportunities as we continue to grow.
The Trust’s Sponsors - Sellafield Limited, the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority and the University of Central Lancashire have each played an important role in its success and are committed to its continued improvement.
West Lakes Academy has been heavily oversubscribed for the past 4 years and we now have 1245 students on roll.
For an informal discussion about this role or to arrange a visit to West Lakes Academy please contact: Stephen Lester, Chief Operating Officer, on 01946 820356.
West Lakes Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced check for regulated activity via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Details can be found on the vacancies section of our website at www.westlakesacademy.org.uk. To apply for this role please complete and return the application form to email@example.com. Closing date for applications: 9.00 am on Monday 3rd June 2019.