Job title: School Business Manager
Department: Senior Leadership Team
Responsible to: Headteacher
Salary: £50-£65,000 dependent upon experience
Hours of work: 08.00-17.00 Monday – Friday. Flexible working would be considered.
Terms: Permanent, full time with 35 days holiday (this can be taken within term time with negotiation), plus public holidays
Starting: As soon as possible
Marylebone Boys' School is a Free School which opened in September 2014. We now have 600 boys in Years 7-11. Our mixed Sixth Form opens this September and will eventually have over 800 pupils studying at our school.
We are in inner-city boys’ school with a cohort of 50% Pupil Premium students. We are an academically rigorous school with an emphasis on good behaviour, commitment to learning and outstanding teaching, where knowledge is valued and available to all who are prepared to work for it. Expectations are high for all pupils. Those who need extra time and support will be helped and expected to achieve their full potential. Our motto is “studio et industria” (through application and hard work).
In September 2018, we opened in our permanent site, a brand new building located in the heart of the prestigious Paddington Basin area. We are now part of a wider development by Westminster City Council, just a stone’s throw from Paddington Station with all the benefits of Crossrail as well as the existing Underground and National Rail connections.
We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS.
Summary of the role
We are seeking to appoint a School Business Manager who will be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team.
This is an exciting role working with the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team to establish and grow the school at its permanent site in Paddington Basin. There will be the usual combination of strategic and operational leadership which would be expected in a School Business Manager role, plus the additional challenge of managing change and growth.
The role requires excellent stakeholder management. There are a number of external contracts and relationships that need maintaining. The school has been fiscally responsible and well managed, however there is scope for developing the fundraising aspect of the school.
Within your role, you will manage an established support team of seven staff.
To provide strategic leadership and development of the resource and business functions of the school.
To provide strategic financial information for the Headteacher and the Governing Body, and to be responsible for the financial affairs of the school.
To provide and oversee operational management for all aspects of business services including finance, personnel, facilities management, school administration, catering, ICT services and health and safety.
To maintain the systems and processes in place and identify new ones to support the school as it matures.
Responsibilities and Person Specification
Please download the attached candidate information pack for full details.
- We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS. Contact us if you would like more information about the school or the position on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the application form fully, including the separate supporting statement (maximum 2 pages).
- Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
- The deadline to apply for this post is 5.00pm on Friday 16th August 2019.
- Send your applications to email@example.com.
- The shortlisting process will take place on Monday 19th August.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the interview scheduled to take place on Friday 23rd August. Candidates are requested to reserve this date in case they are invited to interview.
- The interview process will include panel interviews, as well as written exercises.
- We will inform all invited candidates of the outcome of their application and offer feedback to those who are unsuccessful.