Required: January 2020
Location: Unity Primary Academy, Colchester, Essex, CO4 3QJ
Employer: Reach2 Academy Trust
37 hours per week 52.14 weeks per annum
Band 5 Points 29 to 37 (according to experience)
Unity Primary Academy is part of the REAch2 Academy Trust and together with our other schools in the area we are looking to change the face of education.
To meet new challenges and drive further improvements, we are seeking an exceptional and entrepreneurial individual to join our Senior Leadership team and lead the business management at Unity Primary Academy. We are looking for that special someone who will make this role their own. Most importantly, we want someone who is up for a challenge and wants to get stuck in with all aspects of our academy life!
Key responsibilities of this role will include the leadership of Finance, HR, Premises, ICT, Catering and Administration.
We invite candidates from a range of professional backgrounds, who can demonstrate the ability to operate strategically, communicate effectively and who will share our passion for education. You will need to have experience in leading and motivating teams and a strong understanding of business.
Unity Primary Academy is looking for a School Business Manager who…
• is personable team player
• is a strategic thinker
• is skilled at managing systems and people
• is confident in using new technology to enhance efficiency and effectiveness
• is excited by the prospect of this role
Unity Primary Academy and REAch2 can offer a successful candidate:
• a Leadership Team dedicated to helping you develop an outstanding career
• the chance to work with a fantastic team, both within the school and the cluster
• the best CPD training programme in the UK
• a dynamic, creative staff, dedicated to achieving whole-school improvement
• encouragement to develop new ideas.
• the opportunity to make a real difference
For an informal discussion, please contact Miss Lucy Williams or Miss Rebecca Halls (Co – Headteachers) or Mrs Ceri Stammers (School Business Manager) 01206 864226.
Visits to our school are actively encouraged and can be arranged at your convenience.
The deadline for applications is Monday 18th November with interviews on Wednesday 27th November.
The school, and REAch2 Academy Trust, reserves the right to appoint earlier if an exceptional candidate applies for the post, so early applications are strongly encouraged.
The school is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.