The Russell School
School Business Manager
Start Date: 15th January 2019
Salary: H8 / H9. The pay grade will be dependent on experience and will be paid on a pro rata basis
Contract: Negotiable - full time (36 hours per week, Term time including INSET plus 1 week) or part time
Applications Close: Thursday 5th December 2019
Date of Interview: Tuesday 10th December 2019
The Governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and self-motivated School Business Manager to join our team from December 2019. We are looking for a well-qualified, experienced professional to work as a member of the Senior Leadership Team to contribute to the school’s strategic vision and leadership for all aspects of Finance, Personnel, Premises, Health & Safety, IT and Management Information Systems.
The Russell School is a highly successful one form entry primary school with 230 pupils. Judged as ‘good’ by Ofsted in the most recent inspection in April 2017, the school is striving for outstanding at the next inspection. We are proud of the achievement of our pupils and offer an extensive range of opportunities to enhance their personal development. The school is situated in extensive grounds and we are fortunate to have an onsite swimming pool as well as an outdoor classroom, school field and running track.
School Business Manager Role
As the SBM, you will be responsible for the administrative, financial and premises functions of the school.
The successful candidate will have:
- An excellent understanding and leadership and management experience in areas including finance, budgetary control, human resources, health and safety and facilities management
- The capacity to work under pressure as well as having a flexible attitude and the ability to adapt to change
- An understanding of how efficient and effective administration supports the educational priorities of the school
- A high level of professional discretion and a high standard of both verbal and written communication
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to lead a small team effectively
- A positive approach to problem solving and overcoming challenges and ensuring that work is prioritised and completed to a high standard
In return we can offer:
- A commitment to your professional development
- Strong, supportive leadership and a positive and enthusiastic staff team with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Encouragement to develop new ideas and make a real difference to the school community
The Russell School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be requested for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education legislation.
For further information or an application pack, please contact the school office. Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. To arrange a visit, please contact the school office on 01923 284272.
How to apply:
Please download the application forms listed and return them to email@example.com
Please note that CVs are not accepted without a completed application form.