School Website: http://www.thedownsschool.org
Job Grade: Band L
Salary: £42,683.00 - £51,056.00
Hours: Permanent, Full Time
Start Date: 01/01/2021
Closing date: 04/09/2020
~~The Downs School is a Foundation, 11-18 comprehensive school and is a successful, oversubscribed and popular school serving the Downs area of West Berkshire. Currently the roll is over 1200 with a well-established and successful sixth form. The school is in a beautiful rural setting with good road links to Newbury, Reading, Didcot and Oxford – just 10 minutes from the A34.At The Downs School, the Business Manager role forms part of the Senior Leadership team and plays a crucial role in the management and strategy of the facilities, health and safety, resources (including significant line management responsibilities) and budgets to ensure the school is able to deliver its vision and goals.
To be successful for a position you will need to:
• Have a proven track record of Business Management, ideally within an educational setting
• Knowledge of Health and Safety
• Significant accounting experience, including preparation for accounting audit
• Be an outstanding leader with drive, energy and ambition
• Be able to develop quickly as a credible leader and have the ability to foster professional, influential relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
• Be able to demonstrate that you have worked collaboratively and are committed to work in partnership with the Senior Leadership Team and the wider Federation
We are firmly committed to achieving a first class environment and outcomes for our students. We are extremely proud of our achievements but are also committed to on-going improvement. Our expectations are high and this is reflected in our very successful academic record. The School was inspected in June 2013, it was judged 'Outstanding’ in all areas and continues to be so. The Downs School is a stimulating and friendly environment, where well-being is at the heart of our ethos.
© The Institute of School Business Leadership 2020 | Registered Charity No. 1114623, Registered company number: 3425492