This is an exciting opportunity to lead, manage and develop the non-educational aspects of the Schools’ business and operations, and to support us in constructing a multi academy trust for the benefit of all learners in our part of Stockport.
The job description is indicative of the range of responsibilities that you will hold, in a role that is interesting and varies over time; your flexibility and versatility mean that you will have many opportunities to develop as we develop. Marple Hall School is a high performing, over-subscribed and ambitious comprehensive school with over 1550 students aged eleven to sixteen. We believe in the mantra that ‘better never stops’ and intend to become the most successful comprehensive school in the country.
Our culture is celebratory and aspirational. Our school ethos is based around the five qualities that we hold most dear, encapsulated in the Marple Hall Spirit first devised by the whole school community in 2016. The Director of Finance and Operations will play a key role in supporting the Headteacher and will join the senior leadership team to ensure our continued progress, with responsibilities including Finance, HR management, site and buildings and health and safety.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Significant experience of financial management, including end-of-year accounts and external liaison with auditors.
- Ability to maintain appropriate financial systems to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ability to think strategically and to articulate how they will further the school’s vision.
- Familiarity with business priorities in the education sector, and adept at balancing competing priorities.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data, presenting it in accessible form to various audiences to inform decision making.
- Sound judgement, excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team.
- That they are a dynamic team leader who has the ability to bring out the best in other people to achieve business outcomes
Closing date for applications: Midday Monday 1st November 2021
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
For further details and to down load an application please go to the Marple Hall website at www.marplehall.stockport.sch.uk
Please do not submit a C.V. Applications should be sent to the school or emailed to email@example.com
This school and local authority are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For this role we are open to discussions about flexible working and will be happy to explore this further at the interview stage. If required, we are also able to offer a competitive relocation package.
Stockport Council – Valuing Diversity.