The Limes will be a brand new, contemporary primary academy, with an initial capacity of 420 children to serve Oulton and the local area. In addition to the main primary provision, we are also excited to offer a 26-place pre-school with the possibility of wrap-around care. This new and exciting role will also offer support to Gunton Primary Academy, another local school in our REAch2 family. Our new Senior School Business Manager will be key in the successful opening of our new academy, as well as the further development of an already well-established local academy.
- have extensive experience as a primary school business manager, preferably in a setting currently providing pre-school and wrap around care
- have relevant qualifications in business/finance and HR
- have a comprehensive knowledge of current Health and Safety legislation and practices
- be committed, driven and passionate about improving opportunities for children
- be part of the Senior Leadership team within both schools, contributing to the success and effectiveness of the academies as well as embodying the family ethos at both schools
- Have a proven track record for generating additional revenue
- take an proactive role in promoting the Academies within the local community
- be confident and have the initiative to solve the unexpected challenges of two busy schools
- ensure our schools always have best value for money with procurement, preferably with proficiency in project management.
We will offer you:
- outstanding training, networking and an opportunity to further develop your career within our Multi Academy Trust, REAch2, the largest primary only academy trust in the country
- a supportive team, working with other Senior School Business Managers across the region, reporting to our Regional Business Manager
- the unique opportunity to help develop and shape a brand new team alongside the new Headteacher of The Limes and to be part of a strong, proactive, welcoming and well-established school team at Gunton.
- Generous holiday entitlement and LGPS pension scheme
- a stunning school environment, with state of the art facilities
- and, most importantly, AMAZING children just waiting to meet you.
Founded in 2012, REAch2 Academy Trust is the largest primary-only academy trust in the country. It is a growing charitable organisation currently supporting 56 primary academies across England, including 6 in the local area. REAch2 is a family, connected by a common desire to learn from each other, share experiences and be mutually supportive across the entire academy community. We work as a team to deliver exceptional learning opportunities for all pupils in REAch2.
Visits to Gunton are strongly advised, where you can also meet the new Headteacher of The Limes, and appointments should be made by contacting the school office.
For further details, please click here for the following:
Candidate application pack
Equal opportunities monitoring form
Closing Date: Wednesday 28th February 2018
Interview Date: Monday 5th March 2018
Please return your completed application forms to:
Kate Cracknell, Headteacher
The Limes Primary Academy
c/o Gunton Primary Academy
Telephone: 01502 584661
The Limes and Gunton Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check and satisfactory written references.
The school and REAch2 Academy Trust reserves the right to appoint earlier if an exceptional candidate applies for the post, so early applications are strongly encouraged.
Initial interviews may be held by Skype or Zoom.