Pittville School is looking for a Business Manager to work alongside its Senior Leadership Team. Reporting to the Headteacher, the job is always varied, challenging and exciting.
You will be responsible for managing the school finances, premises and personnel.
Ideally, you will have previous experience of working in finance and should have professional accountancy qualifications. You will work in conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body to ensure that the day-to-day operation of the school runs smoothly and to budget. You will receive any training and support you require to do this effectively and CPD is on-going in the school.
You will need good interpersonal skills to manage a team of support staff and to deal with secondary-age students on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to think and plan strategically
- Experience of successful leadership and ability to motivate staff
- School finance experience
- Experience of HR processes and procedures
- A good understanding of financial systems, processes and procedures
- Working knowledge of facilities management and Health & Safety requirements
- An understanding of school management issues and the role of the Governing Body
- A willingness to contribute to the school’s ethos and wider community
If you wish to visit the school, please contact Linda Ferrabee on 01242 524787 or 01242 548755
Pittville School is a great place to work – a forward thinking, mixed comprehensive school with approx. 700 students aged 11-16. It’s located in the heart of Cheltenham, surrounded by the beautiful Cotswold Hills. The staff are friendly and supportive and Ofsted rates the school as ‘good’.
Full details of the main duties and responsibilities of the post-holder are listed on Pittville School’s website together with a Person Specification. Please apply using the school’s standard application form and email it to Linda Ferrabee, PA to the headteacher: firstname.lastname@example.org