Leeds East Academy is the most improved school in Yorkshire and the 4th most improved school in the country
Academy: Leeds East Academy
Job Title: Academy Business Manager
Salary: SPOT £40,000 - £45,000 + Performance Related Pay Allowance based on Fund Raising - Full Time, All Year Round
Accountable to: Principal
Role: The Academy Business Manager will lead and manage all aspects of the day-to-day running of the academy as well as the management of the administrative and premises teams to fulfil the duties and responsibilities as detailed below. The Business Manager will report directly to the principal on the impact of the teams they are responsible for ensuring the highest quality and standards are maintained.
Performance Related Pay: The role will also incorporate a performance related pay incentive with a focus on Fund Raising for the academy, a challenging target that will allow the successful candidate to demonstrate excellent skills and knowledge in this area.
The role will also form part of the Trusts School Business Manager Network, working closely with the other academy business managers and the Trusts Chief Financial Officer on every aspect of strategic finance and premises development.
NB: All post-holders at The White Rose Academies Trust are responsible for improving the outcomes for learners and upholding the ethos of the Academies. The five principles of the Children’s Act: Every Child Matters guide the work of every adult working at or associated with Leeds East Academy.
Job Purpose and Objectives:
- Give strategic vision and leadership to all aspects of budgeting, finance, human resources, premises management and administration for Leeds East Academy.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the financial procedures and systems of the academy as part of the leadership team and in co-operation with trust and Local Accountability Board, ensuring that legal and safety requirements with regard to people and property and function of the academy are maintained.
- Ensure effective management, reporting and recording of the academy’s finances including financial information for decision making.
- Manage, innovate, support and develop the office administration to ensure delivery of the academy’s strategic priorities in line with the vision.
- Play a central role in the Senior Leadership Team through the analysis of data and information to identify options, make recommendations and deliver evidence based timely decisions.
- Procure goods and services on a value-for-money basis to support education delivery within the context of regulatory frameworks and current legislation.
- Develop and maintain a procurement strategy within trust procurement guidelines.
- Benchmark with other establishments and report back to Local Accountability Board having integrated the data and drawn together evidence based conclusions for decision making.
- Champion economy, efficiency and effectiveness in all future operations.
- Assist with the promotion of good financial management ensuring that the academy is fully prepared to meet Ofsted financial criteria, internal and external Audits.
- Play a lead role in workforce planning in line with the vision.
- Take operational responsibility for academy premises including health and safety, risk management, fire safety and premises maintenance programmes.
- Take a lead to ensure that the fundamental facilities and services necessary for the academy to function are maintained to drive sustainability and assist in expansion and community engagement.
- Manage all aspects of catering in house and external for the academy.
- Be responsible for all aspects of academy business management.
- Provide information to the MAT as required.
Accountable to the Principal, Chief Financial Officer and Local Accountability Board
Leeds East Academy – Leading in Learning
Leeds East Academy is the most improved school in Yorkshire and the 4th most improved school in the country, celebrating remarkable GCSE results with an outstanding Progress 8 improvement of +1.09.
Housed within a state-of-the-art new school building, Leeds East Academy is now the premier choice of school for families in the local area.
Leeds East Academy is also a highly desirable and dynamic world-class establishment for ambitious education professionals, who will be joining one of the most productive, supportive and talented leadership teams in the country.
Part of The White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of schools in the region - Leeds East Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students, securean Ofsted rating of outstanding by 2020.
We're securing our 2020 vision for Outstanding by growing our family of exceptional education professionals;dedicated specialists and passionate leaders with the shared the goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation of West Yorkshire.
We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local Trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 300 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation.
We benefit hugely from our sponsor, Leeds City College Group, which is one of the largest and most successful FE/HE College Groups in the UK. Our sponsor provides leadership and operational support and advice to all our Academies. They also share our vision of creating a truly Outstanding Trust.
As a Trust, we also work very closely with the Outstanding GORSE Academies Trust, through an industry defining school improvement agreement. This partnership provides high quality leadership and subject specific advice, as well as providing all our staff with an incredible range of CPD opportunities.
Closing Date: 8th May 2018
Start Date: ASAP
For more information please visit our website at www.leedseastacademy.org.uk. To apply, please complete the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 8th May 2018.