Using ICFP accurately and effectively in your school (Part 1: Data and Metrics)
What will I learn?
This online training session will help you to:
- Review the importance of ICFP in ensuring efficient resource use in schools.
- Understand how correct data lays the foundation for calculating and analysing metrics, interpreting them to make recommendations to inform strategic decision-making.
- Understand the need for balance in resource use and the consequences of imbalance.
- How to make sure the metric calculations are based on accurate data for all metric types: balances, staffing and non-staffing.
- Understand and be confident in which metrics are essential to use, and why, to assist strategic decision-making.
- Understand how and why to use benchmarking and threshold.
- Recognise the benefits of using tools to facilitate your calculation and use of metrics.
How is this training delivered?
This training session is delivered online using our WebEx platform. You will receive joining instructions a few days in advance
What time does the training start?
AM: 09.30am – 12.30pm
How long is the training session?
It is 3 hrs in duration, including a short break and time to complete activities.
What is included?
- This session includes Post webinar activities to help you cement your learning. Together with the short pre-work activities, they are aimed at helping you to make the most of the sessions. They are not mandatory, although we recommend that you complete them.
- Real examples of ICFP use in Primary, Secondary and Special schools
- Insights from the trainer’s experience of being a School Resource Management Adviser (SRMA) working across multiple schools, multi-academy trusts and LAs
Who is the training for?
We recognise that the school business profession is made up of individuals from a range of backgrounds, school settings, personal knowledge and indeed exposure to ICFP. This training is aimed at intermediate level.